Saturday, September 17, 2011

Old News...

So it looks like my blogging is off to a s-l-o-w start. I have some old news about the Kerrville Music and Wine Festival that Joleen and I did two weeks ago. I have probably forgotten half of the important stuff but luckily, I was smart enough to take some pictures and collect some business cards.....

We arrived on Thursday night (the day before the Festival began) and started our setup. Here is what we had to work with...



So we got busy making it beautiful and this is how far we made it Thursday night.

Here's the final outcome...









Setting up the booth is only the beginning of the fun....
Here's the view around the main theater area.


and then there is the food court where you get those AWESOME roasted turkey legs!!

My husband caught me with the delicious turkey leg...

Here are some of the other vendors and their booths.
Here's our neighbor Donovan with his tie dye and pottery booth.
Here is me in a Magnolia Pearl top and an Ewa I Walla Skirt with my crushed cowboy hat.
Here is the booth for Kontraband Kitty
I love the orange bloomers in the middle but someone else ended up buying them.

Here is a booth for a local artist that I have met a few times and I am not all that into abstract art but I really like her.

And another one of my favorites was a girl that called herself Pixie but I guess I lost her card so I only have this picture.

That is not all of the booths but I'm getting bored with that part....
I didn't really get many pictures of the music on main stage because I was in the booth the whole time but I did get some great pics in the campgrounds. I found a new favorite performer. This outstanding singer/ songwriter is just as sweet in person as she sounds in her songs.  Rebecca Loebe is my very favorite. I will add a video of her if I can figure out how.

 I first heard her in my friend Gingus' tricked out school bus. I was astonished when we went into her bus and saw her idea of how to make a school bus a home. Pretty nice. She added eye hooks all down the center of the bus in order to make the seating and sleeping suspended and interchangeable and added lockers and countertops.



Here is the worst part of any Festival... this one is the "Octo-John"

(I just added that to really make you feel like you were there!)
Here is the Kerr Tree store and Kidsville in the campgrounds




Here is one of the concerts in the Threadgill Theater in the campgounds



I guess that's it.

Now I am packing and getting ready for my next big event....
I do this show every six months with Magnolia Pearl. I really have a blast at this show. I will take pics and try to post sooner this next time. Here are some pics of our booth in the Spring


Until then.....






No comments:

Post a Comment